Every year around this time, people make their goals, resolutions, and they vow to change with the new year.
It’s safe to say that there is an extra spring in my step as I end this year and proceed into the new year. Some of it comes from the much improved performance at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and some of it comes from being induced into three honors societies: Tau Sigma, the Society of Collegiate Leadership and Achievement, and Phi Sigma Theta.
This will also be the first year that I publicly declare my six goals that are in no particular order:
- Work toward a mobile career. Writing is clearly a passion of mine, both creatively and professionally. At the time of this article, I am unemployed after graduating college, but with three college degrees, there’s things I can do with them that I haven’t tapped.
- Write one article per day in 2017 on this network. I have expanded onto BeBee and Medium at the time of this article, so we’ll see how far I can spread.
- Become a larger voice in the politically conservative movement. Political articles won’t wind up here unless they have some tie-in with the business world. I have my own political blog that you can check out, but otherwise, I will be finding other platforms to express myself. I am also looking to be more politically active with my many passions.
- On the blurb section of my last few articles, I have made mention of working on a novel. Starting tomorrow, and working through the year, I hope to be on the way to being an author.
- Sharpening my graphic design tool chest with Adobe Photoshop certification. Thanks to LinkedIn’s acquisition of Lynda.com, one of the perks of a Job Seeker Premium membership is access to those videos. The library of instructional video is phenomenal and it beats taking a class.
- Growing my road trip/travel channel, rebuilding a resource that I began in 2010 with a purpose to educate more people about Asperger’s Syndrome, and redesigning my personal website to be more of an enhanced resume than a blog.
I don’t think that any of my goals are impossible to achieve, and while I foresee some challenges especially with the one article per day, with the right time management and the right discipline, I don’t see why I can’t make some headway. If you would like to follow the progress on the novel, I will eventually have a social media page for it launched.