My name is Mike, and despite moving around during my childhood, I’ve spent the majority of my life in New England. As you’ll see on my travel website, I have a goal to live in at least ten states, and visit all fifty.
I’m a product of the late 80s/early 90s before the term “social media” was part of the common parlance. My education was entirely in the public school system that conferred me a high school diploma, certification of vocational completion, an associate’s degree, and two bachelor’s degrees. My foray into the adult world was a rocky one given that I didn’t start out with a bonafide goal, thus all of my baccalaureate degrees are in different disciplines, and to this day, I have some knowledge of all three.
I have held a variety of positions in my relatively short career including office positions, retail, contract work, working for the state, and I’ve volunteered my time for good causes. I’ve had the opportunity to represent employers to high-ranking clients, executives, and interest groups. While much of my employed time has been in retail, that didn’t stop me from ascending beyond the entry-level ranks. Among my opportunities were: Traveling to other facilities to help with projects and network with leads and supervisors to gain new skills, picking up new skills from superiors that would normally be inaccessible to me at home, taking on new challenges, and putting in extra hours to show that I am dedicated to whatever task is thrown at me.
Among other talents:
- Conducting research and creating information portals to make information more easily accessible.
- Combing through legal briefs, cases, and court rulings to understand their impact on people’s lives.
- Helping start an organization from the ground-up.
- Evaluating business practices and catching non-compliance.
- Helping people and businesses traverse the technological age.
- Carefully documenting process undertaken to accomplish a project.
- Keeping up with current industry trends to assist businesses in their goals.
My current projects include:
- Right Winger: As the name implies, the site is dedicated to promoting libertarian ideas of limited government, fidelity and adherence to the Constitution, while providing a conservative opinion on events as they happen.
- Road Trips in a Hoodie: While it began with me documenting road trips and blogging about vacations within the last few years, it is growing into a site that informs people about anything relating to travel.
While my current projects, entrepreneurial endeavors, and side work keep my calendar full, I am always open to new positions and projects. Unlike other freelancers, I don’t have a contact form. Feel free to reach out to me using the social media links at the top of this website. Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response.