My name is Mike, and despite moving around during my childhood, I’ve spent the majority of my life in New England.
I’m a product of the late 80s/early 90s before the term “social media” was part of the common parlance. My education was entirely in the public school system that conferred me a high school diploma, certification of vocational completion, an associate’s degree, and two bachelor’s degrees. My foray into the adult world was a rocky one given that I didn’t start out with a bonafide goal, thus all of my baccalaureate degrees are in different disciplines, and to this day, I have some knowledge of all three.
I have held a variety of positions in my relatively short career including office positions, retail, contract work, working for the state, and I’ve volunteered my time for good causes. I’ve had the opportunity to represent employers to high-ranking clients, executives, and interest groups. While much of my employed time has been in retail, that didn’t stop me from ascending beyond the entry-level ranks. Among my opportunities were: Traveling to other facilities to help with projects and network with leads and supervisors to gain new skills, picking up new skills from superiors that would normally be inaccessible to me at home, taking on new challenges, and putting in extra hours to show that I am dedicated to whatever task is thrown at me.
Among other talents:
- Helping start an organization from the ground-up.
- Helping people and businesses traverse the technological age.
- Carefully documenting process undertaken to accomplish a project.
My current projects include:
- Americans for a New Conservative Movement (website coming soon): This movement is based on the work and principles of former Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin that included respectful for people regardless of their affiliation and party, fidelity to Constitutional principles, and American values.
- Vets for Schools: A project aimed to reduce the strain on municipal resources for security and protection of our schools by recruiting veterans of our armed forces to volunteer their time. This project was conceived in 2012, but due to time and resources it was put on the back burner. I’m currently working with some peers to reboot this project and give it some life.
- Rana Creative: In 2017, I made the decision to take my creative talents and become an entrepreneur. I offer video captioning, copy editing, proofreading, and audio transcription services to small and medium-sized businesses.